Saturday, June 13, 2009

june showers

thunderstorms and heavy rain in june? that's a first. but when the forecast says sunshine all day, expect to see me playing basketball at the park. 

streetball pretty much consumed most of my time when i lived in new york. playing with all those hardcore ballers at the playgrounds of Queens really helped me develop my game.. not only did i improve my skills, but i also gained other skills as well, such as trash talking haha. yeah, it goes hand in hand with new york streetball. you had to be tough and gritty to compete with the big boys on the court. it was a great experience.

however, when i moved to maryland, my love for streetball slowly faded away. 
i guess it was bittersweet because my creative potential truly emerged.

but yeah, for some reason i figured it would be great to commit this summer to restore my skills in basketball. playing ball was my life back in new york and kuwait.. i feel i need to keep it that way. if not at the same intensity as before, at least to the point of retaining my game.

so.... who's got next?! haha

No comments: